Trados Studio 2022
Frequently asked questions
- Exciting new AI capabilities to maximize your efficiency and elevate your productivity
- Better-than-ever synchronization between the desktop application and our cloud platform, letting you work wherever you choose
- New file types that help Studio cater to the widest variety of translation use cases, widening the scope of work you can accept
- Hundreds of updates made with the feedback of all our users in mind, designed to help you work however you want
- Secure cloud backup of your work
- Access to the online editor, letting you work from anywhere or easily collaborate with other translators
- The option to prepare or create projects yourself from anywhere, including via our mobile app
- The ability to process projects in the cloud while working on another project in the desktop application
When purchasing an annual subscription for Trados Studio, the initial cost will be lower than the cost of a perpetual license. Access to the software is for the duration of your subscription and you will not own the software outright.
During your subscription, you will receive free updates and service releases. You’ll also receive upgrades to future editions of Trados Studio, ensuring you continue to benefit from the new functionality and enhancements when released.
With a Trados Studio subscription, you will have the flexibility to easily add extra licenses for new team members and also cancel at the end of your contract.
When purchasing a perpetual license for Trados Studio 2022, the initial cost will be higher than an annual subscription. However, the license does not expire and you own the software outright, meaning you may use it for many years to come.
You will receive updates and service releases for Trados Studio 2022 for as long as RWS supports the version. Should you wish to upgrade to future editions of Studio, you’ll be able to do so for a fee.
The choice is yours!
For organizations whose translation team needs to scale rapidly or have varying workloads, purchasing Trados Studio 2022 licenses on an annual subscription may be the best option. Other companies who may prefer to fix their costs at the outset may prefer to opt for perpetual licenses.
Trados Studio 2019, 2017 and 2015 are in retired state and are no longer supported. RWS does not provide technical assistance, issue service packs or hotfixes for retired releases.
Trados Studio 2014, 2011 and 2009 are in retired state and are no longer supported. RWS does not provide technical assistance, license resets, issue service packs or hotfixes for these retired releases.
Further information about supported releases can be found on the RWS Community.
- Deactivate your current Trados Studio 2017/2019/2021 license(s)
- Go to your Trados Studio application
- Click on Help > Product Activation > Deactivate
- Upgrade your license from your RWS account
- Log in to your RWS account and go to the Licenses section.
- On the left-hand side, you should see ‘Upgrades’ available, marked with a yellow arrow icon. Click on the icon to see the Upgrades page.
- Click on the Upgrade button to process the license upgrade. If you have several licenses, please bear in mind that you need to choose the number of user licenses that you wish to upgrade.
- A new licensing code will be generated.
- Copy the new licensing code and paste it in the Studio 2022 application to activate it.
Trados Studio 2022 no longer offers out-of-the-box support for legacy Trados file types, including ITD, TTX and Bilingual Workbench. If you are still working with these file types, please install the Trados Compatibility and Migration Power Pack app from the RWS AppStore. The app is installed as an add-on and will enable you to open and work with projects that include legacy file types. RWS recommends that you consider converting legacy file types to the latest .SDLXLIFF format.
|Studio 2019/2021 Translation Memory (*.sdltm)||Studio 2019/2021 (*.sdlxliff)||Legacy TMs (SDLX and Trados 2007)|
|Open||Yes||Yes||Upgrade through wizard or read through AppStore plugins|
|Save/Export||Yes||Yes||Export through TMX, TM Management app, and various other apps available through the AppStore|
|Create||Yes||Yes||Only through the legacy applications|
- RWS Language Cloud and all other Trados cloud editions including Trados Team, Trados Accelerate and Trados Enterprise.
- Trados GroupShare 2020 and Trados GroupShare 2017. We recommend using the latest released version of GroupShare 2020. For details on latest releases, see our knowledge base for GroupShare 2020.
- Passolo 2022 and Passolo 2018. We recommend using the latest released version of Passolo 2022. For details on latest releases, see our knowledge base for Passolo 2022.
- Trados Business Manager Essential, Trados Business Manager Team and Trados Business Manager Enterprise.
- Exit Trados Studio and MultiTerm.
- Login to your account.
- Go to the "Downloads" section.
- Once in the "Downloads" section, select Trados Studio/ MuliTerm service release, which will be clearly marked and select the download button. Save the executable files to your local hard disc.
- Once downloaded, run the executable file and follow the wizard-driven process.
- The Trados Studio /MultiTerm service release installers will automatically detect the currently installed Trados Studio/MultiTerm software and uninstall it in the background.