We’ve recently developed our own cloud translation offerings that are seamlessly integrated with Trados Studio - Trados Live Essential and Trados Live Team. Both provide an extension of your desktop capabilities in the cloud and will help you to become a more agile and successful translator.
To separate fact from fiction, we’ve decided to debunk a few common misconceptions about working in the cloud:
The core cloud functionality is replicated in Trados Studio as much as possible, so that you can transition between the two environments effortlessly. There are some new intuitive features, including translation engines, but a majority of the features available in Trados Live Essential and Trados Live Team are accessible in Trados Studio.
Prefer working on your desktop? You can continue to work in Trados Studio like you always have done, and still leverage all the benefits of working in the cloud.
- Trados Live Essential and Trados Live Team offer a contemporary user interface with modern project management interface features, such as the inbox that provides a Kanban task view, that help focus attention where it’s needed most.
- Benefit from a new concept called translation engines - these have been designed to group your resources together (including translation memories, termbases and any machine translation providers) to speed up project creation.
- The online editor offers some features that are not available in Trados Studio, such as the ability to switch your translation segments to appear horizontally rather than vertically, and additional previews.
- Being able to work from anywhere at any time, and translating in the online editor.
- Ability to use the mobile phone app to manage your translation projects from wherever you are.
- Use of translation engines to speed up project creation.
- Limited access to projects and resources to ensure consistency
- Increased data security with a ‘security first’ approach in place.