Frequently asked questions
- Deactivate your current Passolo 2018 or 2016 license
- Go to your Passolo application
- Click on Help > Product Activation > Deactivate
- Upgrade your license from your RWS account
- Log in to your RWS account and go to the Licenses section.
- On the left-hand side, you should see ‘Upgrades’ available, marked with a yellow arrow icon. Click on the icon and you will be able to see the Upgrades page.
- Click on the Upgrade button to process the license upgrade. If you have several licenses, please bear in mind you need to choose the number of user licenses that you wish to upgrade.
- A new licensing code will be generated.
- Copy the new licensing code and paste it into the Passolo 2022 application to activate it.
- If your original license was for Passolo 2016 and you want to retain both versions, you should consider purchasing a full license instead of an upgrade.
- If your original license was for Passolo 2018, you will be able to run Passolo 2018 and Passolo 2022 on the same machine, as the license for Passolo 2022 is a compound license. For this to work, you will need to update Passolo 2018 to CU14* or higher, and it will then accept your new Passolo 2022 license.
- If your original license was for the free Passolo 2018 Translator Edition, you can install the free Passolo 2022 Translator Edition side by side with a previous version, if required.
*CU stands for cumulative update. At RWS we are constantly reviewing and improving our products and we release enhancements and hotfixes as and when required. These are bundled into cumulative updates that are installed automatically using the auto-update functionality in Passolo. You will be notified automatically by the software when a cumulative update is available. A full list of enhancements and fixes for Passolo 2018 SR1 to date can be found on the RWS Community.
- A Microsoft Windows-compatible PC such as Windows 10 and 11 (including Intel-based Apple Mac computers with Windows as the operating system) with 2 gigahertz (GHz) or higher, 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor and 4 GB RAM (32-bit) or 8 GB RAM (64-bit). For optimum performance on 64-bit operating systems, RWS recommends a recent processor with dual or multi-core technology, 8 GB RAM and a screen resolution higher than 1280x1024
- A screen resolution of 1280x1024 pixels and 256 colours or more
- 4 GB of available disk space as a recommended minimum requirement
- Up to 1.5 GB of available disk space to run the Passolo installer