- Category: Academic Research – Linda Lapini
- Category: Newcomer – Freelancing – Corrine Harries
- Category: Mentor of the Year – David Beattie
- Category: Translation Assignment – Nathalie Clergues
- Category: Regional Groups & Networks – North West Translators’ Network
- Category: Corporate Member – AJT and Surrey Translation Bureau
- Category: John Hayes Prize Excellence in Translation – Ombretta Metelli
- Category: Best Performance Interpreting Assessment – Paul Appleyard
- Category: John Sykes Memorial Prize – Anthea Bell and Professor Joanna Drugan
The night concluded with drinks and dancing and a great evening was had by all.
The second day started with the Corporate Showcase, which enabled powerful face-to-face meetings of existing contacts, as well as the chance to network and create new opportunities for corporate members and delegates alike.
Sponsoring the biennial ITI conference is a fantastic opportunity to meet our customers, find out news about the translations industry and also share tips on SDL Trados Studio. Throughout the weekend, we were able to talk with a significant portion of delegates and provide guidance on how to further improve their translation experience with SDL Trados Studio. There was a great variety in the enquiries we received which certainly kept us on our toes for the duration of the conference. With a mix of those asking us more general questions about product features, discounts and the SDL Trados Roadshows, and those who brought their laptops with Studio installed, we really enjoyed talking about best practices and different ways of working with our CAT tool.
Being able to help freelance translators of all technical abilities to get the most from their translation tool was a personal highlight. Whether you have just stepped in to the translation industry or are a Trados user with over twenty years’ experience, there is always more to discover. The ability for SDL Trados Studio to positively impact the work experience of translators, whether you are a beginner or advanced user, is the reason why there are more than 250,000 translators worldwide using the tool and it was great to be reminded of this at the conference.
Finally, as the ITI is an SDL Association Partner, we are delighted to offer ITI members the opportunity to purchase SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance licenses at a reduced price. If you are an ITI member and would like to learn more about this special offer, please login into the ‘My ITI’ section on the ITI website and go to the ‘My Membership benefits’ area.