- Increased context matches, including avoidance of duplicate matches
- Improved segment and fragment matching, match repair and concordance search
- Better fuzzy matching with enhanced stemming and improvements in recognizing half and full-width characters
- TM reindexing is now prompted explicitly when changing basic settings
- Higher accuracy with redeveloped context matching.
To be able to enjoy these enhancements for your translation memory/memories, you will need to upgrade them within SDL Trados Studio. Studio will give you a reminder with an orange icon and a tool tip to recommend that you upgrade your TM.
To ensure TM consistency across the supply chain, we will also be releasing Cumulative Update (CU15) for SDL Trados Studio 2017. This will give users of Studio 2017 the same TM enhancements as in Studio 2019.
To get the best possible performance from translation memories created in more recent versions of SDL Trados Studio (2017 CU15 and 2019 SR1), we recommend that all Studio 2015 users convert these TMs with our free “SDL TM Compatibility Plugin" from our AppStore. Please note, users on 2015 will not benefit from the context match and fuzzy match enhancements.
How to upgrade your translation memory in SDL Trados Studio 2019 or Studio 2017
Once you have installed SR1 for Studio 2019 or CU15 for Studio 2017, you can now start upgrading your TMs. To do this, please follow these steps:
1. On the Welcome Screen ribbon, click ‘Upgrade Translation Memories’
2. Add one or multiple translation memories to the wizard
3. Follow the steps to upgrade your TMs
N.B. You also have the option to use the upgrade button once you have added your TM to a project.
We recommend that once your TMs are upgraded, all users in the supply chain should use the same SDL Trados Studio version upgraded to the latest CU. This means that all users should upgrade to one of the following SDL Trados Studio versions:
- SDL Trados Studio 2019 SR1
- SDL Trados Studio 2017 CU15.
This will ensure that all users benefit from the context match and fuzzy match enhancements. If an SDL Trados Studio 2017 or 2019 user remains on an older version and receives newer TMs, leverage issues will occur.