Back in April 2022 I became the General Manager for Trados, and what a busy but exciting first year it has been! Our goal at Trados has always been to make our clients’ lives easier and help you grow globally by pioneering, innovating, and delivering reliably day in and day out, and that won’t ever change.
Before we look to the future, I thought I’d take a moment to reflect and share some of our highlights from 2022:
- After such a long time of being away, we were excited to finally welcome back in-person events. My colleagues and I attended 27 events in 2022, including LocWorld, GALA, ITI, ATA – and we can’t wait to see you in 2023!
- We launched Trados Studio 2022, which now supports more file types than ever and comes with free essential cloud capabilities– so translators can leverage the power of our cloud platform as and when needed.
- We continued our cloud-first strategy across the Trados family of products and are delivering an incredible pace of innovation. In fact, we’re releasing cloud updates around 10 times a day, resulting in hundreds of new features every year! Since 2020, we’ve seen rapid adoption of our platform, with huge growth in the number of words and projects processed in the cloud. As always, the Trados team is ready to handle even more!
- We announced a new addition to the Trados portfolio: Trados Accelerate, our out-the-box translation management system, designed for companies who want to grow internationally. This new offering sits perfectly between Trados Team and Trados Enterprise, enabling everyone in the supply chain to take advantage of the industry’s leading translation platform.
- We want to know what difficulties you face, how you want to work, and the advances in technology you need to do your job. That's why we conducted our 2022 Translation Technology Insights (TTI) research, an in-depth global survey designed to uncover what the translation industry needs. Look out for the results from the survey being released soon.
Finally, I wanted to say a huge thank you for supporting us in 2022. Everyone in the Trados team is looking forward to supporting your business goals and working with you in 2023.