Trados Studio 2022 FAQs
Trados Studio 2022 builds on a long history of innovation, advancement and attention to detail in computer-assisted translation (CAT), all designed to address the diverse, evolving needs of our users. The 2022 release reflects a wealth of development that has taken place since the release of Trados Studio 2021, including:
- Better-than-ever synchronization between the desktop application and our cloud platform, letting you work wherever you choose.
- New file types that help Studio cater to the widest variety of translation use cases, widening the scope of work you can accept.
- Hundreds of updates have been made with the feedback of all our users in mind, designed to help you work however you want.
- Freelance translators: visit our online shop, add a ‘Trados Studio 2022’ package to your cart and proceed to payment. Or you can contact your local authorized reseller.
- LSPs: contact your local RWS representative or local authorized reseller.
- Corporations: contact your local RWS representative or local authorized reseller.
For individual users of Trados Studio 2022, cloud access formerly known as Trados Live Essential is now permanently included in your product license (subscription or perpetual) at no extra cost, giving you these capabilities:
- Secure cloud backup of your work
- Access to the online editor, letting you work from anywhere or easily collaborate with other translators
- If you need to prepare or create projects yourself you can do so from anywhere, including via our mobile app
- You can process projects in the cloud while working on another project in the desktop application
- Go on to your Trados Studio application
- Click on Help > Product Activation > Deactivate
2. Upgrade your license from your RWS Account
- Login to your RWS Account and go to the Licenses section.
- On the left-hand side, you should see "Upgrades" available, marked with a yellow arrow icon. Click on the icon and you will be able to see the Upgrades page.
- Click on the Upgrade button to process the license upgrade. If you have several licenses, please bear in mind that you need to choose the number of user licenses that you wish to upgrade.
- A new licensing code will be generated.
3. Copy the new licensing code and paste it in the Studio 2022 application to activate it.
Trados Studio 2022 no longer offers out-of-the-box support for legacy Trados file types including; ITD, TTX and Bilingual Workbench. If you are still working with these file types, please install the ‘Trados Compatibility and Migration Power Pack’ app from the RWS AppStore. The app is installed as an add-on and will enable you to open and work with projects that include such files. RWS recommends that you consider converting legacy file types to the latest .SDLXLIFF format.
|Studio 2017/2019/ 2021 Translation Memory (*.sdltm)||Studio 2017/2019/ 2021 (*.sdlxliff)||Legacy TMs (SDLX and Trados 2007)|
|Open||Yes||Yes||Upgrade through wizard or read through AppStore plugins|
|Save/export||Yes||Yes||Export through TMX, TM Management app, and various other apps available through the AppStore|
|Create||Yes||Yes||Only through the Legacy Applications|
Yes, Trados Studio 2022 is compatible with:
- RWS Language Cloud and Trados cloud subscriptions, including Trados Team and Trados Enterprise.
- Trados GroupShare 2020 and Trados GroupShare 2017. We recommend using the latest released version of GroupShare 2020. For details on latest releases, see our knowledge base for GroupShare 2020.
- Passolo 2022 and Passolo 2018. We recommend using the latest released version of Passolo 2022. For details on latest releases, see our knowledge base for Passolo 2022.
- Trados Business Manager Essential, Trados Business Manager Team and Trados Business Manager Enterprise.
Trados Studio 2022 supports Windows 10 and Windows 11. We recommend Windows 11.
As a minimum requirement, we recommend an Intel or compatible CPU-based computer with 4 GB RAM and a screen resolution of 1024x768.
For optimum performance, we recommend a 64-bit operating system, 16 GB RAM, an SSD drive and a recent Intel or compatible CPU. Full support for 4K hi-resolution screens is planned and will be implemented incrementally in future releases. You can find more information on how to deal with display issues in this KB article or by running an application from the RWS AppStore which implements a fix in the aforementioned KB article. Trados Studio 2022 uses .Net Framework 4.8.