Since our last major release in 2018, we’ve been busy developing new features and integrations to enable better collaboration, greater efficiency and increased productivity for our users.
Throughout this blog I will highlight some of the great new features available in this major release, including:
- Support for Microsoft .NET 5.0
- Integration with our cloud platforms
- Greater control with flexible virtual folders
- Increased automation capabilities
- Enhanced file types and configurations
Microsoft .NET is the most popular development platform that our users work with in tandem with Passolo. To keep up with the latest Microsoft .NET framework, Passolo 2022 has been updated to support .NET 5.0, alongside the previous .NET 4.8 platform and other older versions. We plan on supporting the recently release version of Microsoft .NET 6.0 in the future. This update allows you to adapt your localization processes at your own pace for your developer tools, programming languages and libraries.
- Flexibly combine Passolo’s project management and QA capabilities with our cloud platform’s efficiencies for managing teams, sharing work, creating backups and working online at the translation stage.
- Benefit from quick and agile translation or review in the Trados Online Editor.
- Open files for translation in Trados Studio and leverage powerful productivity-boosting features, such as upLIFT and AutoSuggest.
- Speed up the translation process by utilizing centralized translation resources (TMs and termbases) stored in the cloud.
- Reduce the workload on localization managers with an easy-to-use Synchronization function, allowing the automatic import of the latest translations back into Passolo projects.