Introducing SDL Trados Studio 2017’s New Virtual Assistant…
Following in the famous footsteps of Clippy in Microsoft Word (who doesn’t remember him?), I’m delighted to introduce our new Trados Assistant – Meet Paul the Cat!
Looking after Paul
Whilst Paul is on hand to help you 24 hours a day, he does need to be taken care of. Here are just a few things Paul needs throughout the day:
- You need to feed him twice a day
- Make sure he is hydrated
- Tell Paul to chase your mouse by moving it around the screen
- Show him affection – Make him purr by clicking your mouse to stroke him
- Change Paul’s color – A choice of 5 different colors
- Select toys for Paul to play with to keep him entertained
- When you’re not translating, tell Paul to go to sleep
- Provide feedback on the information you receive. Was the information correct?
A taster of what Paul can help you with
- Available to interact with you in the Editor view
- Voice-activated – Talk to Paul whilst you are translating
- Update you on your project progress
- Track how long you have been translating
- Keeps you company when you are translating.
Adding a Trados Assistant to our much-loved CAT tool has been a popular request over the years from many translators. Whilst Paul is not quite ready for the world of translation just yet, he will be released in the coming months for SDL Trados Studio 2017. Please keep an eye on our website for more details over the next few weeks and months.
In the meantime, why not try some of our apps already available for SDL Trados Studio 2017, which can help you save time and enhance your translation experience.